What Questions Can I Ask?
  • Immigration: Deportation, asylum, green cards, work permits, DACA, children's cases, employment-based immigration, citizenship and other immigration issues.
  • Veterans: VA benefits, discharge upgrades, VA debts and overpayments, correcting or ordering military records, military retirement, and VA pension.

This federal site does NOT ACCEPT questions about divorce, child custody or support, housing matters, creditor and debt issues, probate or estate matters, or other similar state-law questions. To ask these questions, please visit the main ABA Free Legal Answers website and choose your state.

How it Works.

See if you qualify

Answer a few questions to see if you qualify to use this service.

Ask a question

Ask our volunteer attorneys a specific question about your immigration or veterans’ law issue.

Check your email

You'll receive an email telling you when your question receives a response.

Log back in

See the response to your question; ask more questions.